Here’s an incredible warm salad that tastes great & is very satisfying! How could it not be with wait for it… BACON!! My husband has one word for this dish… EXCEPTIONAL!! Enjoy
(This was prepared & photographed by me, Caprice)
Warm Kale Salad with Bacon & Figs
1 Bunch of Kale, stems removed and rough chopped
Â½ Lg Onion, sliced
3-4 slices bacon or pancetta, cooked (favorite cut)
Â½ Lg. Jalapeno, sliced in rings (optional)
1-2 slices Rotisserie Chicken, breast (skin removed)
4 Mission Figs (can use dates or prunes)
2 Tblsp Dried Cranberries
1 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tblsp Sesame Oil (optional, can substitute with EVOO)
Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a Large skillet over Med-High heat. Add onions until translucent. *Keep stirring, can brown quickly.
2. Remove and drain on paper towels.
3. Reduce heat to Medium and add Kale, let it cook down then ADD Salt & Pepper to taste, then add Figs.
4. Return Onions to the pan, stir then remove from heat.
5. Toss lightly with Dried Cranberries, Bacon, Jalapenos, and Parmesan Cheese
6. Best served warm
– You can substitute any protein with this dish or opt to leave it out, as this salad is very satisfying on its own.
– Iâ€™ve prepared this dish using Shallots and prefer them to be CRISPY as a topping
– We love the heat of the Jalapeno â€“ but feel free to remove the vein & seeds to reduce heat
– *Add Goat Cheese to take this Salad to another stratosphere!! Seriously, itâ€™s that good!
The only thing i can add is : WOW !!! I never thought of such a version of warm kale salad….hmmmm…..so yummie!
Would you love to show us your masterpiece? Just leave a comment below, i will come back and contact you as soon as possible! Anyone is invited to show their best recipe.